Ahhhhh school holidays can be so relaxing

Yes even though I have been working the school holidays are still more relaxing than the usual grind - especially in the morning. No rushing around making lunches and ironing the uniforms you didn't feel like doing the night before, just a lovely breakfast chat around the table and then I swan off leaving the girls clasped tight to their Grandma's bosom! Ahhh life is good ain't it Kristie?? LOL.

But better than that is having a night out with ....*gasp* GROWN-UPS! Yes hubby and I went out on Thursday night with our friends P & J to see Toni Childs in concert! My head is still spinning from the sheer delight of going out with friends, having dinner at a pub, walking up to the Tivoli to listen to the glorious voice of Toni Childs, and then creeping back in the house at 11.30pm to find my mum cuddled up under a blanket blinking sleepily at me. ROFL it was like when I was soooo much younger sneaking in after a big night out only to find mum waiting for me with the frowny face hahaha. Now I know that a few of you might be scratching your heads wondering who the heck is Toni Childs (yes you Natalie!) so I have thoughtfully included these links to some You-Tube clips for your listening pleasure LOL


These were her more popular older songs and are still big crowd pleasers judging by the fact that everyone was singing along ROFL but I really liked the sound of her new album Keep the faith!


And to quote the great Molly Meldrum "do yourself a favour!" (now I am showing my age aren't I ROFL!)

So apart from being a dirty stop out - I had Friday off work and the kids and I slobbed around most of the day doing not a lot of much at all LOL. Bella took off to a friends at 1pm and then Tasha and I met some friends at a local park. When we got home hubby was arriving and he was wondering what we had done all day - NOTHING LOL! Ahhhhhh fabulous.

Oh and I have a scrapping front again! Yahooo. Thanks entirely to the delightful KateF who very kindly gave me some of her new stuff to play with, including these lovely papers -


They got me motivated to finish my page from Victoria's Title Work Challenge at Pickleberrypop and here is the end result -

Credits here

Then after posting the reminder over at DST that the Pickelberrypop challenges are finishing soon I realised that I still had the Template Challenge to do AND the latest Pickle Jar Challenge haha so while I was still inspired I did Len's Template Challenge straight away ROFL!

Credits here

AND then I was prowling around the internet yesterday afternoon and I stumbled across the grand opening of Vinnie Pearce's new Store/Forum- Pixel Canvas. Now I'm not sure if you are familiar with Vinnie's work but I was told about her by my friend Deb, and I fell in love with her gorgeous blog (Right Now) gifts! She does the most amazing work and I am really excited to support a fellow Southern Hemisphere dweller - Vinnie is from the land of the long White Cloud (New Zealand). Vinnie has a fun template challenge at her site and I had to give it a go using some of her gorgeous stuff -

Credits here

Well I think that that is all for now - I have to head off and finish my Pickle Jar Challenge today sometime because I want to take the girls out somewhere tomorrow - maybe over to the Redcliffe lagoon for a swim, I'm not sure. They are heading off with hubby to Hervey Bay on Tuesday for some Nanna and Poppy time and I will miss them so very very much *getting teary at the thought* so ta ta from me for now! Peace!

Comments

Carol said…
It sounds like you're having a divine time. It's fun having nights out like that isn't it? Yay you. As for your layouts, loving the one of Bella and Papa, totally beautiful. But as for what you've done with Vinnie's goodies,wowsers!

Popular posts from this blog

And here I go ....

Project 365 - week 2