Well it hasn't been as long this time!

You know I've said it before but I'll say it again for good measure - time goes by soooo very quickly! It seems like yesterday I did my last post and yet a week has marched along. What takes up all this time? Life! Life does, it sweeps you up and hurtles you along, faster and faster until you are giddy and breathless. It's funny that when I was younger I don't remember this headlong race in time, life flowed along in a smooth and steady shamble. It is almost like as you get older your life race is on a great big slope and the nearer you get to the end the faster you run. Hmmmmm, something to think about as you go to sleep tonight LOL.

So what started that rambling discourse on the progress of time? Well quiet frankly it revolves around my lack of that precious commodity. Since going back to work I have felt that I am slowly being dragged back into hysteria, there aren't enough hours in the day to do all the things I need and want to. Housework, work and family obligations all build until, like Mt Etna, something explodes (usually my temper). I am sitting here recovering from a violent weeping jag that basically revolved entirely around trying to organise my daughters social life - while I'm at work mind you - and coordinate minor (HA!) incidentals like pick ups and drop offs and minding for the other daughter while they are both on school holidays. And I am pooped! It sounds silly now that I type it but it was all a big deal about two hours ago I can tell you LOL! Hmm I wonder if I'm menopausal (sp? dont have time to check LOL) hahahaha.

I guess I am frustrated because I really enjoyed my time at home and last holidays were nowhere near this stressful. Admittedly we didn't have much money to do much but........ Oh well there is my whinge and now I'm done! I think I feel better now - so thanks for sticking with me through that!

So this weekend just gone, I took the girls to see Disney on Ice Mickey and Minne's Amazing Adventure, and they loved it! We had brilliant seats only about 5-6 rows from the rink (one of the advantages to working I guess LOL) and Tasha was beside herself with excitement at the thought of seeing Ariel LOL. I didn't take my camera because I thought you weren't allowed to take photos but in the beginning they said to the audience that they were welcome to take photos! I was so cross at first but I am glad now that I didn't because I got to watch the show without worrying about the shots and if they were good ones and if I need the flash etc etc. So it turned out really well. I think we may be going back to see the Disney Princess's on Ice later in the year LOL.

Well this is a bit sad! I don't think that I have many recent pages to show you today because of the meltdown I have been experiencing this week getting a bit in the way of my creative juices so I only have the one - here is a page I did on Monday for the Pickleberrypop Pickle jar challenge that closed on the 30th June 2008 :) - I just scraped in on the deadline LOL.

Credits are here

Thanks so much for sticking with me until the end of this rambling rant - I promise I will be more cheery next time.

Comments

Carol said…
So many things to do, so little time, I know the feeling well.

What an amazing page, I bet your daughter loves it. Your extraction is superb.

But I must say it's not a bright bright sunshiney day here, it was -1 celsius at 9am this morning when I headed off to the supermarket. Brrrrrrrrr.
heather said…
Being a working mum is not easy, that's for sure.. so hang in there girl! And complain all you like. You did still get one layout done, and that's more than I've managed all year, so well done!!
ksharonk said…
Oh Amanda ... that's SUCH a beautiful layout!!! I know how you feel about organizing the girls' social life, I seem to be constantly dropping off or picking my girl up, and she's only 13! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

And here I go ....

Project 365 - week 2