headaches and scrapping

Its been a rotten sinus-y week here at my place with headaches and a doctors visit being the highlights and then antibiotics to finish the yucky week off with a bang. Finally on day four of the antibiotics I am starting to feel like myself so I'm a happy camper at last! Needless to say headaches are NOT conducive to creative exploits and my scrapping has suffered accordingly BUT I did manage to whip up some pages before I went down like a ton of bricks and I will share them with you now *grin*.

This is my page for The Lilypad's April Product Challenge - mist. I used some retiring goodies from Emily Merritt and Valorie Wibben's Topography No. 9 (also retiring THIS weekend!) and Kaye Winiecki's lovely Mist and Paint.

My Girl

 This is a page I created using Renne's new kit For the Record available at OScraps! I had fun reminiscing about my 80s heart throb Rick Astley! 

Remembering Rick

Talking about retiring goodies don't forget to head over to The Lilypad to check out all the lovely stuff that is leaving the store forever ... sale finished Sunday 21st April!


And look at the lovely collaboration Kaye made with Studio Basic called Then and Now! Love it! It is definitely on my to be scrapped with list!



During the course of this gross sinus-y week I discovered that one way to distract myself from the headaches was to read .. fun I know but there was something about concentrating on a good book that helped me get through.  I read this very amusing book by  Jessica Grey called Attempting Elizabeth - the main character can drop herself into her favourite Jane Austen novel Pride and Prejudice. During the course of the novel she  learns a lot about herself and finds the man of her dreams, her Mr Darcy. A lovely light and fluffy book that made me smile!


Then as a nice birthday treat to me I bought myself the latest Kim Harrison The Hallows series novel .. Ever After. I do love this series, Rachel is such a kick-ass kind of girl, both brash and insecure. She is a lovable and funny character and just seems to fall head long into trouble each and every book! An other exciting read from Kim Harrison!


Well I think that is all from me for the day as I have stuff to do and pages to scrap! I can't believe I managed to post again so soon and I know that Miss Carol will faint away in shock after seeing ANOTHER post from me hehe. Byeeeee


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And here I go ....

Project 365 - week 2